1. Yes, it is actually snowing. Not spewing ice pellets, or as I have come to call it, ever-so-affectionately, "Southern Spit". Actual snowflakes. Which, for your edification, make a great surface for an impromptu game of broom hockey.
2. Seeing gorgeously vibrant male cardinals hopping around in the snow makes us smile. And, I like to take it as a sign that Spring will eventually come.
3. I do wish that doing laundry burned significant amounts of calories. Like the equivalent of say, a 5K.
4. Yoga pants are the bomb.
5. No, Barnard Academy has not closed this week. And, the debates regarding such closings have gone like this.
Boy: Mom, can we have a snow day? Can't we just have one day off?
Me: Dude, your whole life is a snow day.
Boy: But, MOOOOOMMMM...
Me: We work on snow days, dearest, so that when sunny days pop up this Spring, we can take a "Sun Day". While the rest of your "traditionally-schooled" pals are indoors.
Boy: (external eye roll, shoulders slumped--a defeated stance)
6. Baking double chocolate chip banana bread is a very effective method by which to heat a home.