Thursday, March 17, 2016

Kiss Me--I'm (Pretending) to be Irish!

While I have no Irish blood in my veins (unless you count having green eyes and portraying Mrs. Paroo, Marion the Librarian's Celtic mum in my high school's production of "The Music Man"), I have always been intrigued by this holiday.  I am told by my genuinely Irish brother-in-law that Americans celebrate St. Patty's Day with infinitely more gusto (and Guinness) than those across the pond. 

Again, this year, Irish Soda Bread is on the menu.  As is some veggie appetizer configuration of the Irish flag.  Likely using ranch dressing as the white portion because, let's face it, no one but me will eat the cauliflower.  And at Mini-Hooper's request, a super-cool science experiment involving buttermilk, food coloring, and artistic whimsy--we make rainbows. 

Here are some serious and not-so-serious takes on St. Patrick's Day.  Aye, 'tis a wee sampler.

The Veggie Tales version:




The Muppets sing a classic--well, sort of:






May you always be blessed with walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain,
A warm cup of tea by the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart might desire.
~Irish Blessing


3 comments:

  1. Fun post. My eldest has sung Danny Boy as a solo at a recital ever so beautifully .
    I love that you were in the Music Man.
    I had a performance of To Kill A Mockingbird the evening of St Patty's. I wore green to the theatre & one of my costumes had a green apron. The other had no green, but thankfully I didn't get pinched!
    --Cher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and your comments, too! As you know, TKAM is a favorite of mine and your pix were fabulous. So glad that you were able to get back to the stage, sweet friend!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words .

      Love, Cher

      Delete