Thursday, May 7, 2015

Throwback Thursday: Lightning Rod

Thanks to a local radio station that proudly plays the music of "the 80s, 90s, and today", I was recently reminded of Hot Rod. Yes, I liked his music. And, at one point in my teenage years, thought his hair was way cool. And, then, there's that red plaid jacket.




You were expecting to see Rod.  So, was I.  While I might just swoon to Rod's original version of "My Heart Can't Tell You No" and break out my oft-played "cassingle" of said ballad , Sara Evans does a nice cover of it.  And, there's no pole dancing in her video.  Always a plus.



And, finally, to complete the trilogy, the theme song of many a graduating class--here's to the class of 1989. Oops, did I just give away my actual age?




I spoke in past tense.  But, I was wrong.  I like his music.  "Infatuation" and "Rhythm of My Heart" still make my toes tap.  And may or may not cause me to sing at the top of my lungs, while driving down the 45 ByPass.  Yeah, that was me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment